Top 10 Thames and Kosmos Science Kits for Inquisitive KidsAre you looking to explore the wonders of science with your kids? Thames and Kosmos offers educational science kits that are perfect for sparking interest in both children and adults alike! With a wide array of exciting experiments and activities, each Thames and Kosmos Science Kit is designed to stimulate hands-on learning and teach scientific principles. Whether you’re searching for introductory level kits for younger children, more advanced models for teenagers, or something fun for the whole family to build together, Thames and Kosmos has you covered. Check out our list of the best Thames and Kosmos Science Kits available today to get your young scientists exploring and learning the fun way!
Thames & Kosmos Ooze Labs Chemistry Station Science Experiment Kit, 20 Non-Hazardous Experiments Including Safe Slime, Chromatography, Acids, Bases & More, Multi-Color
- Play the role of chemist with this huge, colorful, functional lab station!
- Create glowing slime, fizzing reactions, Oozing Bubbles, colorful chromatography, and more!
- With 57 pieces, This kit has everything you need to conduct experiments like a real scientist, including beakers, test tubes, flasks, pipettes, and more.
- Printed experiment cards clip onto the lab station for easy reference and additional experiments and scientific explanations are included in a separate 16-page, full-color manual.
- Includes non-hazardous chemicals; does not contain borax.
Thames & Kosmos Motors & Generators Science Kit | 25 Guided STEM Experiment Lessons | 48 Page Color Student Guide | Grades 3-6 | Ages 8+ | Play & Learn | Parents' Choice Silver Award Winner
- Learn how an electric motor converts electricity into motion
- Explore how an electric generator converts motion into electricity
- Observe the motor's inner working through its transparent plastic
- Discover how magnetic fields relate to electric current
- New 2012 item - includes 60-page full-color manual
Thames & Kosmos Hydropower Science Kit | 12 Stem Experiments | Learn About Alternative & Renewable Energy, Environmental Science | Parents' Choice Recommended Award Winner
- 12 experiments and building projects
- Harness mechanical energy from water to do physical work
- Generate electricity to light an LED
- Learn the physics of water turnies
- Discover why hydropower is a promising source of energy
Thames & Kosmos Mega Cyborg Hand STEM Experiment Kit | Build Your Own GIANT Hydraulic Hand | Amazing Gripping Capabilities | Adjustable for Different Hand Sizes | Learn Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Build your own awesome, wearable mechanical hand that you operate with your own fingers.
- No motors, no batteries — just the power of air pressure, water, and your own hands!
- Hydraulic pistons enable the mechanical fingers to open and close and grip objects with enough force to lift them. Every finger joint can be adjusted to different angles for precision movement.
- Three configurations: right hand, left hand, and claw-like; adjustable to fit virtually any human hand.
- Learn how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots such as automobile components..2021 The Toy Association's STEAM Toy Of The Year Winner
Thames & Kosmos Kids First Science Laboratory Kit
- This fun and informative science kit allows preschool-age kids to get a head start on learning important STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) skills.
- Includes 24 large, plastic scientific tools that are durable, reusable, and easy-to-handle to ensure long-lasting fun and exploration.
- A 16-page, full-color manual explains to parents and adult supervisors how the scientific tools in the kit should be presented to their children and provides insight into a child's developmental stages.
- A set of 10 experiment cards are double-sided: one side has illustrated instructions for children to follow; the other side has information for the parent, caregiver, or teacher to read to the child (materials required for the experiment, the scientific concept the experiment addresses, etc.).
- All components of the kit fit neatly in a durable plastic storage case ensuring easy clean-up and transport.
Thames & Kosmos Nanotechnology Science Experiment Kit
- The science of nanotechnology deals with the smallest structures, in the range of one to 100 nanometers in size
- With this kit, the intangible, nanoscopic world becomes accessible
- Nanoparticles can be made of different materials and exist in a wide variety of forms
- Get a feel for just how small a nanometer really is
- Explore how charcoal is like a nanoscale sponge with filtering experiments
Thames & Kosmos Gyrobot, Tightrope Walking Gyroscopic Robot Science Kit
- Learn all about "Gyroscopes"
- Build seven models
- A full-color, 24-page, illustrated experiment manual provides step-by-step assembly instructions and scientific explanations
- English (Publication Language)
Thames & Kosmos Chemistry Chem C500 Science Kit with 28 Guided Experiments 48 Page Science Guide Parents’ Choice Silver Award Winner, 13.1" L x 2.6" W x 8.9" H
- An introductory tour of chemistry with 28 classic experiments
- Discover the colorful effects of acids and bases
- Make fizzy and foamy reactions and write messages with invisible ink
- Learn about reactions between solids, liquids, and gases
- The 48-page, full-color experiment manual gives simple instructions for setting up and performing each experiment, and then clear explanations of what happened and why
Thames & Kosmos Tasty Labs: Wizard Potion Science Kit | Make 5 Delicious Magical Potions | Chemistry Experiments Safe to Drink | Includes Toy Cauldron, Wand | Study Reactions, Polymers, Density & More
- A fun, mystical chemistry kit in disguise: Brew up a cauldron of sweet, magical potions that are safe to drink!
- Follow an illustrated story to conduct a series of potable potion-making experiments while learning about a range of chemistry topics such as chemical reactions, polymers, solutions, indicators, density, and more.
- Includes instructions and ingredients to make five different "magical" potions that you can safely drink, including a fizzing citrus elixir, strawberry "frog's eggs," a color-changing "transmogrification" potion, a slimy chia seed drink, and an "anti-gravity" tonic.
- Comes with a plastic cauldron, a magic wand (aka a dual-purpose mixing rod/measuring spoon), ingredient packets, and a variety of scientific tools needed to create your potions.
- Fun, giftable option for any science-loving wizard and a great choice for a magic-themed birthday or Halloween party activity.
Thames & Kosmos Ooze Labs: Alien Slime Lab Science Experiment Kit & Lab Setup, 10 Experiments with Slime | A Parents' Choice Recommended Award Winner
- Mix up four different types of slime and conduct scientific tests to identify them!
- Real STEM learning with a fun, fictional storyline, you are the lead chemist in your very own out-of-this-world Laboratory and it's your job to identify ufos-unidentifiedd funky oozes!
- Conduct viscosity tests on the slime, disect it with tweezers and a plastic scalpel, cut out a brain shape, Stamp it with an alien head, and add eyes to your Alien slime!
- Safety : includes safe, non-toxic materials (does not contain borax) and an instruction manual that guides experimentation and offers engaging scientific information.
- Compatible with other kits in the ooze labs line; Use the UFO Alien slime lab station independently, or combine it with other ooze labs stations to create the ultimate chemistry Laboratory!