Worm Farm – Your Own Worm Habitat
|Ships FREE with $25+ order|
|Gift wrap is available|
1 to 3 business days
Expedited delivery available.
- This science toy allows you to make your own worm habitat, study how worms live and what is their role in the planet management!
- Develops skills: Biology, Biodiversity, Ecology, Observation Skills, Experimenting Skills
Customers Also Bought
|Manufacturer Recommended Age||8 years|
|Quantity Available in Stock||14|
|Manufacturer Part Number||dsc-w-ip-ws1027|
|Category||Plant Growing Kits|
- EXPLORE THE WORLD OF WORMS -- Help kids connect with nature with this classic worm farm. Re-create a real underground worm habitat and observe their fascinating world. WORMS NOT INCLUDED.
- HANDS-ON SCIENCE FOR AGES 6plus -- Construct your own worm farm, decorate it and then find some wriggly inhabitants. Kids love exploring nature and capturing worms for their farm.
- KID-FRIENDLY, FULL-COLOR INSTRUCTION BOOKLETS -- Science should be fun and easy to understand. That’s why each step in the activities comes with an illustration to show exactly what needs to be done.
- LEARN FROM NATURE -- Kids will discover science with nature. Observe worm behaviors, food preferences, movement patterns and more. We provide tips on how to look after these incredible creatures.
- THE CLOSEST THING TO A REAL WORM HABITAT -- We want worms to be healthy and thrive in their new environment. Because of the construction, the worms have access to water and food and won't escape.
- 1 1/2 pound bag of worm bedding
- 4 ounce bag of worm food
- Complete instructions
- Fits easily into full size refrigerator
- Must be kept in a cool place
- Acampora, Courtney (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 18 Pages - 05/21/2019 (Publication Date) - Silver Dolphin Books (Publisher)
Create a Worm Farm: A Fun and Educational Way to Teach Your Kids About Nature
If you’re looking for an educational and fun way to teach your kids about nature, why not create a worm farm in your own backyard? Worm farming is a great way to introduce children to the natural world, provide them with a hands-on learning experience, and even give them the opportunity to become directly involved in the process of composting.
A worm farm is a fun and educational activity for kids, as well as an excellent way to reduce your family’s environmental footprint. Worm farms are relatively easy to set up and maintain, and can be a great way to teach your children about the importance of sustainability.
Starting a worm farm is simple, and requires only a few materials. All you need to get started is a plastic container or bin, soil, a few layers of cardboard, and some worms. You can purchase a starter kit from most garden centers, or find instructions online. In addition to the worms, you’ll also need to provide food scraps for them to eat.
Once you have your worm farm set up, it’s time to start teaching your kids about the many benefits of worm farming. Worms help to break down organic material and convert it into nutrient-rich soil. This process, known as vermicomposting, is an important part of sustainable gardening, and can help keep your garden healthy and free of harmful chemicals.
In addition to helping create nutrient-rich soil, worms also provide a valuable source of food for birds, insects, and other wildlife. By encouraging your children to observe and learn about the worms in their farm, you can help them gain an appreciation for the natural world and its intricate web of life.
Finally, creating a worm farm is a great way to teach your kids about the importance of sustainability and responsibility. With a little guidance, your kids can use the worm farm to learn about the importance of recycling, reducing waste, and taking care of the environment.
So what are you waiting for? Start a worm farm today and give your kids the opportunity to learn about nature in a hands-on, fun way. They’ll gain an appreciation for the natural world, and you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping to create a more sustainable future.